About Alter Eco:
Alter Eco is a video company founded by Richard Roaf that has produced videos for campaigning organisations including Greenpeace UK, 38 Degrees, Amnesty International, 350.org and SumOfUs.
Alter Eco has developed an expertise in producing highly shareable social media videos for good causes. We use a methodology for producing videos called the Four Step Formula for Shareable Videos which incorporates the key factors that drive sharing.
This means that even though we are small, we have a big impact. Over the past year we have produced videos that have been shared more than 1 million times and watched more than 50 million times on Facebook.
Summary of the Role:
We are looking for someone with serious production and project management skills who believes passionately in using social media to change the world. They will help manage video production, consultancy, training projects and business development. They should have experience in project management and administration and preferably come from a video production or social media background. This is an opportunity to join a small but high-impact organisation and shape our growth.
- Video Production
The role will involve the project management of social media video production. This will include, but not be limited to, recruiting and managing freelance filmmakers, managing project budgets, developing processes for video production, developing briefs, managing clients, seeding videos, coordinating shoots and overseeing delivery of high quality videos to tight deadlines.
- Business Development and Administration
Write proposals for production, training and consultancy projects. Promote the work of Alter Eco both online and offline and build relationships with new clients. Develop and manage a strategy to expand the scale and impact of video, training and consultancy projects that Alter Eco is delivering. Oversee finance, office management and other admin related tasks.
- Coordinating Training
Organising offline and online training for filmmakers, campaigning groups and organisations. Supporting the development and delivery of new training packages and finding innovative ways to radically skill up the sector. Support the creation and distribution of a set of online training resources including blogs and videos.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent capacity to work independently, developing own work plans and creatively solving problems
- Experience managing video and/ or social media projects with tight deadlines for demanding clients
- Experience managing filmmakers or other freelancers
- Experience developing and using systems and workflows for creative projects
- Experience organising events preferably training
- Experience writing project proposals for creative clients
- Experience budgeting for projects and managing finances
- Strong tech skills. Experience of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office (or Apple equivalent), online collaborations tools, Google Docs, Google Drive, Dropbox, a plus
- Passion for social media video, storytelling and having an impact
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to edit video using Adobe Premiere and basic filming skills
- Experience writing grant applications