Day 1 (D1) is the internal creative agency setting brand direction for Amazon’s global online retail websites. Our mission is to create beautifully designed visual communications that incorporate on-site graphics, video production, photography, style guides, and user experiences. We apply strategic insight to delight customers - driving discovery, engagement, and trust.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic, proficient and versatile Video Editor to join our growing team.
Video is at the heart of our content strategy and so we are looking to recruit a seasoned creative professional with a passion for creating engaging video content for consumers. We are seeking an accomplished and dependable editor to further strengthen our video production offering, get involved with the technical and creative aspects of video projects, and to help manage the edit suite and post-production workflow.
Joining our fast-paced team provides a unique opportunity to help represent the Amazon brand visually, set global video standards, and innovate with creative sensibility and technical knowledge. You will use your video editorial and post-production experience to craft engaging videos across a variety of formats, and continually raise the bar on quality.
This is a hands-on position that includes editing video, designing motion graphics and animations, grading, executing creative direction, establishing procedures, building post-production workflows, and ensuring visual consistency across multiple projects. It requires in-depth knowledge of Adobe’s video and illustration tools. A successful candidate will be an effective communicator that can handle multiple projects from beginning to end, under tight and evolving deadlines.
The ideal candidate loves creating original content and collaborating with a passionate team. Must possess a proven ability to motivate and influence those around them with a clear vision and dedication to excellence. Is a collaborative problem solver who can manage and deliver multiple priorities, and make challenging decisions. Capable of pushing their creativity and software skills to higher levels, and explore new technology and innovations to work more effectively. Has demonstrated success translating business and marketing goals into compelling and inspiring video content. Starts with the customer in mind and understands the powerful role that video content can play in a successful and engaging customer experience.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates video, motion design and post-production skills.
- Extensive experience in a deadline-driven editing environment
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, Colour Grading, 2D animation, 3D model manipulation, visual effects, basic CGI expressions in Cinema4D and/or Maya.
- Conceptualize and execute narrative storytelling and filmmaking principles from storyboards and scripts.
- Knowledge of video industry standard formats, and media and asset management practices on Mac/Windows platforms and networked environments.
- Collaborate in a team environment, and clearly communicate to business partners, teammates, vendors and stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience with branded and video content creation, including advertising, online and social media.
- Experience handling multiple projects in a fast paced work environment, under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a wide range of creative talent, both inside and outside of your organization.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced production environment.
- Degree in a Broadcast, Animation, Design or Media related field.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn raw ideas into beautiful and compelling content.
- Streamlining video post-production workflows for high output.
- Computer technology experience with ability to administrate editing systems.
- Leading and instructing junior creators, or peers.
- Experience localising video content for international and global markets is a huge plus.
- Strong mentorship and coaching skills to provide clear creative direction and to motivate and inspire creative teams.
- Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback from different teams.
- Unwavering attention to detail and an acute awareness that everything counts.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business priorities.
- Demonstrated business acumen and customer-centricity.
- Understanding of the video production process, equipment, technology and roles.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and collaborative skills.