Production Planning Manager
Key activities will include managing the Production Planning team as well as to maintain & improve product quality and ensure that procedures are followed in order to meet internal and external customer requirements. Candidates will also be expected to organize and improve the staff to ensure highest levels of service, quality and safe operation and will serve as facilitator, mentor and lead communicator for the Production Planning.
The role of Production Planning Manager will involve day to day management of Production Planning, including providing training, induction and support.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Chief Operation Officer, the main duties will include:
- Day to day management of Production Planning Department, including hands on support on the production line and ensuring all members of staff across the business are compliant with the Quality Management Systems;
- Monitors daily production capacity and works with the supply chain to communicate shortages, manages the ordering of supplies and materials for the production teams;
- Ensures realization of the production schedule and effectively communicate areas of risk, scheduling overtime;
- Attends and contributes to the Production Planning Meeting;
- Reviews production orders based on capacity to ensure customer demands are being met;
- Identify opportunities for improvement throughout the production process to gain operational efficiencies;
- Identifies the need for new equipment, tools, procedures and methods to increase productivity and safety in the production area while reducing cost and increasing reliability and quality;
- Develops and maintains a detailed technical understanding of current and new products;
- Performs all tasks in accordance with established Safety legislation;
- Providing training and induction to new and existing staff members.
For the position of Production Planning Manager, we are looking for applications from candidates who:
- Can demonstrate previous experience within a food or textile production environment;
- Have a good level of English and PC skills;
- Have good communication, organizational and time management skills; Must be able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment;
- Have strong problem solving skills, most possess a “hands on” mentality, strong team player who is able to motivate others;
- Have the ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision, possesses a high level of initiative and be committed to continuous improvement and customer service. Must be detailed oriented.
Applicants should also have experience in supervising or training staff.