Product Graphics Analyst
We are currently looking to enlarge our global Furniture Symbol Library and Graphics Team to
support the 3ds Max Graphics Product Modeling content used in our product marketing for
Customer Catalogs, Space Planning and Specification applications and many other graphical
applications that our customers use in the Specification, Office layout and assembly of our
Steelcase brand products.
- Creates 3D Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Models and isometric technical illustrations of products for the Statement of Line (SOL).
- Modifies SOL 3D Models for use in publications such as: Specification Guides, Assembly Directions, Service Parts Catalog, Furniture Symbol Libraries, etc.
- Creates photo-realistic images and virtual walk-through animations for Sales presentations.
- Creates and modifies Pro/Engineer (Pro/E) CAD part models for use in Specification Guides, Assembly Directions, Service Parts Catalog, etc.
- Composes & publishes publications such as: Specification Guides, Assembly Directions, Product Specifications, Service Parts Catalog, Furniture Symbol Library, and Engineering Standards.
- 1 to 3 years prior experience working with 3D modeling and animation, rendering, and compositing graphical solution.
- Three year (or greater) degree in a related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Medium to advanced Autodesk 3ds Max knowledge. Equivalent type applications may be taken in consideration.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work and communication with a broad customer bases in a multi-national company.
- 3D Computer-Aided Design, photo-realistic visualization and animation application proficiency.
- Thorough understanding of visual and geometric requirements for a product from verbal descriptions, sketches, photographs, prototypes, and/or mock-ups.
- Strong digital asset management capability.
- Computer illustration software application proficiency.
- Strong capability for interpreting engineering drawings, sketches, methods and terminology.
- Talent to illustration a graphic that communicates a clear understanding of a complicated mechanism, assembly or product to those with less technical know-how.
- Computer desktop publishing software application proficiency.
- Design aptitude to plan overall and individual page layouts, indicate position and size of text, graphs, and graphics within a publication or Web site.
- Technical writing capabilities to develop and edit text for publications and Web sites.
- Web development talent and skill to plan strategically, clearly define objectives, intuitively analyze users, accurately edit code, structure a site map, update content, test and correct errors is a plus.
- Patience and interpersonal skills to provide customer service by resolving complaints effectively and being proactive in building positive relationships.
- Ability to load, configure and operate computer applications and use furnished tools effectively.
- Ability to navigate databases, understands structure, and analyzes data for use in the production and validation of publications or Web site content.
- Capable of attaching or linking data attributes to graphics required by application programmers and third-party developers.
- Ability to create IT application scripts, support application plugins is a plus.