◆ Senior Network Engineer
We are hiring an experienced network engineer with a strong background in Linux system administration. Candidates can work in our office in Geneva, or remotely within a 2 hours distance from Geneva or Zurich. Both Swiss and foreign candidates are welcome to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be fluent in English.
Experience with the following is recommended:
- BGP (IPv4/IPv6)
- Proven track record of success in an ISP environment
- NOC experience
- LIR experience
- Cisco routers/switches
- Netflow analysis
- Network design (Transport and Internet layer)
- Fine level knowledge of UDP/TCP
- Extensive experience with network troubleshooting
- RedHat derivatives (CentOS, RHEL, Scientific Linux, etc)
- Linux networking (bridges, bonding, etc)
- Nagios, Ansible, ELK
- MySQL, Ceph, OpenStack
- Expert at debugging/customising Linux system (building custom packages, kernel level tuning, recovery/rollbacks/upgrades, etc)
- Fluent in Bash/Python/SQL/C
Bonus points for:
- Extensive software engineering experience (e.g. you could also work as a software engineer)
- Well versed in security and with a good understanding of security best practices from both a network and systems point of view
- OpenVPN/IPSec experience
- Ability to keep up in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Fluent in French
- Masters degree in a relevant field of study and/or scientific background from a highly competitive university
What you will be doing:
- Building scalable, reliable, and highly redundant networks.
- Building petabyte scale storage solutions
- Server and network security
- Architecting and building monitoring and auto-failover solutions for both networks and servers
- Designing backup strategies and implementing them
- Writing software to improve site reliability
- This is a senior position, there will be the opportunity to take a leadership role within our infrastructure team
Why work at ProtonMail:
- You will learn many things you can't learn anywhere else
- Flexible and casual working environment
- Startup environment where everyone matters and can make a big impact
- Work in an ultra high grow environment solving interesting problems, there is never a boring moment
- Fast growth also means there are many opportunities for rapid advancement
- Do something meaningful. ProtonMail protects dissidents, journalists, and activists. Our work saves lives.
- High potential upside. In addition to highly competitive salaries, key employees can receive valuable early employee stock options.
- Be part of something bigger. Millions of people and businesses around the world have embraced our idea of an Internet where privacy and security are the default and not merely an afterthought. Be part of this revolution that is changing the world.
ProtonMail in the news:
◆ About Proton Technologies AG:
We are a fast growing startup company in the technology sector. With our ProtonMail product, we are the largest email service provider based in Switzerland, serving millions of customers in over 150 countries. We operate our own cloud infrastructure distributed across multi-tenant data centers throughout Switzerland, storing data on the petabyte scale. Altogether, we have infrastructure in over a dozen countries supporting a wide range of high-security cloud services.
You will be working in a dynamic and fast moving team with an international character, as you will be joining a team of 30 that come from over a dozen different countries. Technology is our core focus and you will have many opportunities to work with the latest technologies and solve challenging scaling problems. You will also have the unique opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup. ProtonMail was ranked by Business Insider as the hottest startup in Switzerland in 2015 and since then we have grown at an incredible pace. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to have a big impact in a fast growing and high profile company.