As a full stack Java engineer you will be part of a technical DevOps team that works on the creation and management of top-quality software every day at a high, professional level. This team is working in a DevOps manner, where scrum / agile method and continuous integration / delivery practices are very important.
• As a full stack Java Engineer you realize online and backend applications;
• You will be responsible for both the functional and technical support of the application;
• Also, you will develop (complex) new functionality and coordinate its implementation on the production environment.;
• Finally, you will furiously automate everything together with the rest of the team: deployment, functional / technical testing, and anything else that is still done manually;
• Occasional travelling to Amsterdam, Netherlands, and other countries might be required.
The focus is on high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business, so that at the end there are no surprises about what we build.
What you bring to the team:
- An University degree in Computer Science;
• A couple of years of Java software engineering experience in order to be able to efficiently develop and maintain code in a complex environment;
• Advanced knowledge of Java 7/8, Rest API’s, JSON, Oracle;
• Knowledge of persistency frameworks (e.g. Hibernate, MyBatis), knowledge of MVC-models (e.g. Struts or Spring);
• Experience in developing automated tests with JUnit ,Cucumber and Selenium;
• Familiarity with tools like Confluence, JIRA, Eclipse, Crucible, Fortify, SVN/Git, Jenkins, Maven / Gradle;
• Additional knowledge on Document Management Solutions, Documentum (EMC), xPresso, xPression or Elastic Search would be an advantage;
• Good communication skills in English;
• Strong analytical skills, proactivity and willingness to share knowledge with others.