Four our partner, a fast growing company with multiple software and infrastructure projects running in parallel, with great teams situated in Romania, France, Switzerland, Spain and the UK we are looking for Middle/ Senior PHP Developers.
Their systems are complex, and they have a lot of challenges surrounding the high load nature of the business. They write object oriented, unit tested code, and deploy to build, test, preprod and production environments using Jenkins for continuous integration. They deploy to production on at least a weekly basis. They use and Agile development process to adapt as fast as possible to our business needs.
They’ve begun preparing for the next step in our growth path, the software platform is going through a redesign process to handle the increasing data volumes and high traffic requirements.
This is the right opportunity for you if you are looking for a challenge, if you want to see your code released regularly to production, if you have a solid background in object oriented PHP 7, and if you are keen to learn new technologies.
Your main focus will be to design, implement, test, maintain and optimize code for the various components of our software systems – be it high volume data import services, price comparison engine, booking, funding & fraud prevention systems.
As senior PHP developer, you will also mentor junior employees, look for software and process improvements and drive innovation forward by proposing and using new solutions / technologies.
Our partner is a fast-paced company, they evolve fast and so will you with us. So, they encourage their employees to learn all the different components of their platform by moving from one team to another.
Required skills and expertise:
- Excellent command of PHP and OOP (we use PHP 7);
- Experience using PHP frameworks (Yii, Laravel, Zend, CodeIgniter etc);
- Experience with large scale projects / products development;
- Experience developing high availability / high performance web services;
- Relational DBs (MySQL preferred – optimizations, stored procedures etc.), NoSQL DBs
- Caching technologies / mechanisms, queues, distributed systems knowledge;
- Very good understanding of HTML/CSS;
- Design patterns, software architecture principles – applied in past projects;
- Experience handling large XML / JSON datasets;
- Very good communication skills, analytical thinking;
- Proficient in English.
Would be a plus:
- Experience with at least one version control system (GIT/SVN/Mercurial);
- Experience of working Linux distributions, which can include Mac OS X;
- Bash scripting experience;
- Unit testing using PhpUnit;
- Integration testing using Selenium