IT Engineer in Netherlands, 40.000€ – 60.000€/year
We are looking for an IT Engineer Continuous Delivery for an IT department of a large bank in The Netherlands. This department works in Agile/ Scrum DevOps teams, setup according to the Tribes, Chapters & Squads management structure akin to Spotify. This department is quickly becoming the technological driver behind the banks innovation by focusing on setting up a web-scale architecture in which high performing engineers work end-to-end agile. Resulting in for example a top 5 ranking for best banking mobile app for several years in a row. The purpose of tribe Omni Channel Building Blocks is to accelerate delivery of all squads (DevOps teams) and tribes (Departments), by providing “enablers”, that are easy to find, easy to use, and always reliable and secure.
This is what they want to provide in the future to the engineers of all countries in which this bank is operational. Currently they do so by delivering six highly integrated products: The Content platform, The Browser platform, The API platform, The Distributed Data platform, The Gateway/Proxy and Road2Production (incl. Continuous Delivery).
To expand this IT department, they are looking for an engineer with experience in Continuous Delivery and the ambition to proactively help squads in their engineering journey. It is expected to take the lead in the coordination / coaching of which release cycle is appropriate in what situation and to make it the standard in the way of working for squads.
The role is quite diverse and no day will ever be the same. However, your primary responsibilities/tasks/deliverables will be:
- Have an in-depth understanding of the release cycles used within the bank.
- Actively help and coach squads on improving their release cycles.
- Make sure that all releases do comply to any of the quality criteria.
- Continuously try to simplify or shorten the release journey of the engineers.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile?
- You are inspired by the above;
- Have a Bachelor and/or Master degree in Information Technology;
- You are an Engineer (Ops or Dev with at least 4 years’ experience) willing to broaden his horizon;
- Have knowledge of SAFE, Large Scale Scrum (LeSS), Scrum of Scrum, (Scaled Agile Framework) and/or CSM (Certified Scrum Master);
- Experience with organizing release trains and release cycles in an agile organization;
- Deep understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts;
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Team player with a knowledge sharing mentality;
- A focus on enabling other squads;
- Your main drive is to automate controls and checks.
What do we offer?
- One of the most advanced IT environments in the Netherlands
- Full time position
- Gain insights in our complex banking IT landscape
- Work closely with national and international IT experts
- Enough space to develop yourself even further as an IT professional