Four our partner, a fast growing company with multiple software and infrastructure projects running in parallel, with great teams situated in Romania, France, Switzerland, Spain and the UK we are looking for DEVOPS_SYSADMIN.
Their systems are complex, and they have a lot of challenges surrounding the high load nature of the business. They write object oriented, unit & functionally tested code, and deploy to build, test, preprod and production using Jenkins for continuous integration. They deploy to production on at least a weekly basis. They use Zabbix, Graylog2, site24x7 (and some internal developped tools) to monitor production, and have a” fix first, fix once” policy – they ensure that any error that occurs is fixed, the solution automated and monitored so that they never have to worry about it again.
What the role will involve
- Monitoring production using our monitoring systems (Zabbix, Graylog, etc)
- Operational Analysis (learning & understanding the business domain + monitor business domain metrics)
- Communicating with our internal users about issues they are seeing with our production systems, understanding their concerns, diagnosing and replicating the issues.
- Analysing issues across multiple application and infrastructure boundaries by investigating logs, network traffic, server performance and configuration
- Replicating issues with these systems, and handing over the resolution to our development & systems administration teams
- Support oncall (two weeks), which will involve being Level2 support for our production systems both during working hours and out of hours, receiving push notifications/alerts from our monitoring solutions and responding to queries on official communication channels (both synchronous (Instant Messenging solution) + asynchronous (email) while respecting agreed SLAs
Required traits and experience:
- A naturally helpful and communicative person who loves solving problems
- Very good analytical skills Linux power user: Very good systems administration knowledge of, and work experience with Linux, Debian/CentOS, MySQL, bash, networking, firewalls;
- Knowledge of monitoring systems (mainly Zabbix) concepts, operations, maintenance, workflows, reports, analysis, improvements, automation, templating – so on and so forth – for both state and trend type of monitoring
- Ability to respond professionally in crysis situations while maintaining transparency
- Experience with at least one version control system (preferably Git)
- Experience of Continuous Integration (preferably Jenkins)
- Automation tools, i.e. Ansible, Saltstack
- Virtualisation solutions like Vagrant, XenServer
- Knowledge of AWS
- Proficient in English
Preferred, though not required, experience:
- Python, PHP (scripting) experience
- Experience with nosql systems like Redis, Couch base, Cassandra
- Experience with HighAvailability setups (keepalived, heartbeat)