Four our partner, a fast growing company with multiple software and infrastructure projects running in parallel, with great teams situated in Romania, France, Switzerland, Spain and the UK we are looking for DevOps Engineer.
What the role will involve:
- Monitoring production using our monitoring systems (Zabbix, Graylog, Pingdom);
- Operational Analysis (learning & understanding the business domain + monitor business domain metrics);
- Communicating with our internal users about issues they are seeing with our production systems, understanding their concerns, diagnosing and replicating the issues;
- Analysing issues across multiple application and infrastructure boundaries by investigating logs, network traffic, server performance and configuration;
- Replicating issues with these systems, and handing over the resolution to our development & systems administration teams;
- Support rota, one week in three, which will involve being primary support contact for our production systems both during working hours and out of hours, monitoring Zabbix for any issues.
Required traits and experience:
- A naturally helpful and communicative person who loves solving problems;
- Very good analytical skills;
- Linux power user: Very good systems administration knowledge of, and work experience with Linux, Debian/Ubuntu, MySQL, bash, networking, firewalls;
- Knowledge of monitoring systems (preferably Zabbix);
- Ability to deal with several tasks simultaneously;
- Experience with at least one version control system (preferably Git);
- Experience of Continuous Integration (preferably Jenkins) and automated testing frameworks (preferably Selenium, PHPUnit);
- Proficient in English.
Preferred, though not required, experience:
- Automation tools, i.e. Ansible;
- Python and/or Ruby experience;
- Experience with nosql systems like Redis, Aerospike, Cassandra ;
- Virtualisation solutions like Vagrant, VMWare or XenServer;
- Experience with keepalived and heartbeat;
- Knowledge of AWS. What we offer:
- Very motivating compensation.
- Opportunity for professional growth and development