EDS is a data service layer that provides position and product definition to all Equity traders at GBIS. Due to its positioning in the deal processing IS EDS is a key component for all trading activities (deal booking, front office position, product definition for Equity Listed & OTC products, etc). It’s a technical application with key performance targets in mind (~1 Billion calls/day, response time ~ ms, ~100GB data in the memory cache). It’s deployed in the main financial places around the world (New York, Paris, Hong Kong). The API will be revamped from scratch to use REST, full ownership in Bucharest is targeted.
Your Role in a Nutshell:
- Assist with the translation of business requirements into technical ones;
- Show technical expertise and handle development/testing tasks;
- Follow up functional testing with end users;
- Liaises with Infrastructure/middleware teams to ensure proper application configurations and hardware performance efficiencies;
- Employs industry standard best practices;
- Provides level three support during local business hours;
- Involved in the review and submission of solutions designs globally.
A little about You:
- You have excellent understanding of Java 8, Spring boot and multithreading;
- Good knowledge of distributed architecture and caching mechanisms;
- Good knowledge of middleware principles (RabbitMQ; TibcoRV nice to have) and asynchronous communication;
- Knowledge of relational database (Sybase) and NoSQL database principles (e.g. Cassandra, Elastic search) would be appreciated;
- Knowledge of some core development tools used within the company (Kibana, Maven, Jenkins, Git, Sonar) and Unix shell would be appreciated;
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
We also value:
- Responsible attitude, strong autonomy and ambition in achieving your mission
- Excellent analytical skills and self-starter with ability to take ownership of tasks and assignments;
- Good command of English, both written and spoken. French would be a good plus.
Besides a career what else we offer:
- Competitive remuneration based on qualifications and seniority;
- Yearly bonus per company policy;
- Discounts for retailers;
- Medical services and life insurance; private pension contribution;
- A modern working environment: open, informal, fun atmosphere;
- Continuous training and development programs;
- Work from Home Programme.