At INDG our mission is to make every product playable.
We believe at some point in the future all products will be virtual to everyone everywhere, making it possible to completely revise the way we learn about and interact with them. For the past 15 years, we have been helping multinational players like Philips, Adidas, Electrolux, and Yamaha from our bases in Amsterdam, New York, and Bucharest. We are building a global portfolio of propositions that allow consumers to explore a wide range of products including shavers, motorbikes, apparel and furniture from every angle, inside and out.
Our CG artists, interactive designers, and developers focus on creating products so lifelike it feels like you could reach out and touch them. Yes, at INDG we geek out to sexy technology like 3D modeling and AR, but behind the bits and bytes is an obsessive drive to design sophisticated technology and software solutions.
To help us on the challenging journey to create the most beautiful and best - performing experiences for both clients and customers, we are seeking an Amsterdam based: Creative Director
The newly hired Creative Director will thus work in a very tight collaboration with the Studio Director and the Head of Delivery and lead the art-directorial team with dotted lines to project management, sales, and other stakeholders.
## Why do we need a Creative Director?
INDG understands that to grow and develop it needs to enhance many things in how it operates.
**Stable results.** INDG is striving for each delivery to be high quality with no execution surprises. Whatever new processes need to be put in place, whoever should be hired, whichever new trainings are to be started up—the Creative Director will be developing and executing measures to keep quality high.
**More creativity.** It's not an easy task to present a toaster in a way that will make everyone gasp. Not a lot of people walked this way. So, better concepts and more creativity will be of utmost importance to the new CD.
**New lines of business.** Clients value INDG knowledge of physical products: throughout the 15-year-long history, we did thousands of projects. They now ask for so much more than just 3D production. Things like launch strategies, style guides or 3D automation regularly appear on our plate. It will be up to the Creative Director not only to guide such projects, but also to think of ways of getting more of them.
We are looking for someone who can
- To really compliment our already talented team of 3D Artists, Art Directors, Designers, Creative Technologists
- Can oversee a complete department and report about it to the Management team. He should be able to address things like “skill gaps” and work with the team on education or outsourcing.
- Will bring structure to the creative operations and understand how to approach, from a creative perspective, big projects. How do you keep oversight, how do you make sure the team doesn’t feel held back creatively because of budget restraints, how can you be involved end-to-end without doing all the work.
- Is a true connector to clients, being able to bring across a good idea, sure, but even more, driving then client expectations in such a way that the client is well understood, but so are we.
- Has a keen awareness of current trends in the marcom industry. Working at the cutting edge of new technology they will be expected to grasp changes in technical innovation across multiple platforms
- Will building a creative environment for the creative team to work in and overseeing ideas and projects. Also, they will be taking responsibility for the creative philosophy and the standard of INDG’s creative output.
- Can talk about visual communication, still or moving, as well as interactive, in a way that inspires and convinces. The ideal person does not need to have CG skills themselves
- Is capable of building a strong rapport with the existing team at INDG by creating a vision and providing them with the support that will make the team feel inspired and invested to do their best work.
## Formal requirements
- To be really passionate about digital and the latest market trends in the industry
- The ambition to lead a creative team, managerial but grounded
- To have a thorough understanding of creative processes, plus structured approach to creativity. Ease of guiding and teaching the creative methods to the team members
- A defender of great design and technology
- Knowledge and fanatic curiosity about digital ecosystems and the value of integrated creativity
- Bachelors / Masters in Art/Technology/Media or equivalent experience
- A portfolio demonstrating your expertise is a must
What we offer
Some of our perks, but not limited to…
We're located in the heart of Amsterdam, in Raamplein 1. Think... a converted school, tall ceilings and long corridors. Each open room has glass windows which make it easy enough to wave hello to your colleagues but enjoy the space to get work done!
If you move from abroad, we will support you with your relocation (e.g. 30% ruling, housing-search, relocation loan, flights, tax-return support in the first year).
We're a fun bunch who love spending time together whether it's Tennis on Tuesdays, 4PM Pizza Fridays or more seriously, putting our heads together to solve 1000 piece puzzles.
We have cost-saving schemes for the bike and gym enthusiasts and if it's food you're after then a small daily cost for a healthy communal lunch or the late workers can choose dinner from the takeaway menu each evening. And we don't stop there ...join us for boat rides in the canals of Dam or our very own cinema room for movie nights!
How to apply
Please send your resume to the link provided. Get creative with your application, cover letter, share your portfolio. We're a fan of not only smart people but also out the box thinkers.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.